Whale and Dolphin Conservation Weekly Lottery rules
“Whale and Dolphin Conservation ”, “we”, “us” and “our” shall be a reference to Whale and Dolphin Conservation , registered charity number 1014705 (England and Wales) and SC040231 (Scotland); “entrants” “you” and “your” means a person entering into the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Weekly Lottery.
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be in advance. The maximum number of entries for an individual in each weekly draw is five. Entry is open to all UK residents excluding the Channel Islands, Scilly Isles & Isle of Man. Entry also excludes Whale and Dolphin Conservation employees and third parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Weekly Lottery.
- Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Your unique lottery number(s) will be generated and confirmed by post within 21 days. Your number(s) will remain the same each week. No ticket will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six-digit number (the Winning Number). Only lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in a player’s lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
- The Winning Number will be published on https://lottery.whales.org/winners or call the Lottery Helpline on 01628 201 376. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw.
- Winning combinations will be for players’ lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the Winning Number. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. If you pay by Direct Debit, prizes will be paid directly into your bank account, otherwise a cheque will be sent within 21 days. Where the winners cannot be contacted after 90 days, the prize money will be treated as a Whale and Dolphin Conservation donation. Any cheques remaining uncashed for over six months will be cancelled and the prize withdrawn.
- Prizes are as follows: Match six numbers in order for prize of £10,000. Match five numbers in order for prize of £1,000. Match four numbers in order for prize of £25. Match three numbers in order for prize of £5.
- The overall chance of winning a prize each week with one entry is 63 to 1.
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Whale and Dolphin Conservation or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- The rules are subject to change by Whale and Dolphin Conservation or its External Lottery Manager. For the latest rules visit https://lottery.whales.org/rules
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation maintains records of customer funds separately from general company/charity funds. This means that steps have been taken to separately account for customer funds from company/charity funds however those funds are not protected if Whale and Dolphin Conservation becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Weekly Lottery or these terms and conditions.
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure. If you have a complaint you can ring our Whale and Dolphin Conservation Weekly Lottery Team on 01628 201 376 or email [email protected]. If you are unhappy with the way a complaint is resolved you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS acts as an impartial adjudicator on disputes that arise between betting/gambling operators and their customers.
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation is committed to ensuring that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access help in respect of problem gambling is easily available. For more information please visit lottery.whales.org/problem-gambling or call the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Weekly Lottery Helpline number on 01628 201 376.
- All proceeds from this lottery will be used for the charitable purposes of Whale and Dolphin Conservation with a guaranteed 50% of proceeds returned to the good cause. We allocate 25% of proceeds to fund the prizes and a further 25% to fund the administration of the programme.
WDC is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England No. 2737421. Registered Charity No.1014705 (England and Wales) and No. SC040231 (Scotland). WDC (Trading) Ltd registered in England No. 2593116. WDC is registered with Wiltshire County Council under registration number LN/000014995. Responsible person: Sarah Louise Young, WDC, Brookfield House, 38 St Paul Street, Chippenham, SN15 1LJ.
Please gamble responsibly. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, BeGambleAware is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or visit www.begambleaware.org
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, CTT Charity Payments Re WDC will notify you five working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request CTT Charity Payments Ltd re WDC to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by CTT Charity Payments Re WDC or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when CTT Charity Payments Re WDC asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.